Montag, 5. Januar 2009

Before/After winter tree



At first: Happy New Year to all of you!
I have been on the road the last days so I had no chance to post anything but I hope it will be more regularly from now on!
What you see on the top of this is post is the Before/After of my most recent artwork "winter tree".
I really like this one because of this dark feeling it has to me.
As you can see from the big difference of the Before and After images, this needed some postprocessing to look like it does now, but it has not been as much as you would probably think.

What I mainly did was enhancing the contrast of the whole image, adding grain, built a curve which shifted the single colors and finally created a layer "solid color" with an green-yellow tone which I overlayed using "color" and a low densitiy of 10%.

Thats it!
I finally cropped it a little and was fully convinced of the result.
What do you think?

I would really appreciate to read your opinion!


Due to the fact that it snowed here in berlin today I look forward to go shooting tomorrow for some snow pics.
You will see whether there came something good out of that if you follow my blog and flickr stream.

Keep on clickin'

Ivory

2 Kommentare:

Unknown hat gesagt…

It is nice. Really nice.
It good to find someone, who can use photoeditor in some sensible way... like it! like it! like it!
Best
RB aka rbe_czi aka Radek Bednařík from flickr

Anonym hat gesagt…

Absolutely beautiful!! You made it seem almost like a fairytale. lol the ray of light from the sun actually is the shape of a star when you edited it
very cool hehe, keep on posting please!! :)